Karen uses 20+ years as a financial executive to help entrepreneurs sell, buy, and build small businesses. Karen’s merger & acquisition background provides her clients a professional, knowledgeable advocate to attain their goals. She has successfully represented sellers and buyers in multiple industries and a wide range of transaction sizes.
BUSINESS BROKERAGE and Merger and Acquisition EXPERIENCE
- Opened the Transworld Irvine office in 2010.
- Closed transactions in a variety of industries: manufacturing, distribution, restaurant, retail, professional services, construction, medical care and internet-based.
- Extensive mergers and acquisition experience in the financial services and high tech industries.
- Led the financial due diligence team for multi-billion dollar transactions.
- Executive of a Credit Suisse First Boston subsidiary specializing in acquisitions, business planning and financing transactions.
- Owner of Transworld-Irvine.
- CFO for Kinecta Federal Credit Union, Citi Residential and Ameriquest Mortgage.
- Senior Vice President of Corporate Planning for Washington Mutual and American Savings Bank.
- Vice President of Corporate Planning for Synopsys Corporation.
- Senior Vice President for Kaplan, Smith and Associates, a subsidiary of Credit Suisse First Boston.
- Member International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Member California Association of Business Brokers (CABB); Communications Committee
- Member M&A Source
- Member Irvine Chamber of Commerce
- Member National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- University of Utah, BS, Accounting