As an agent with Transworld Business Advisors, we help our clients buy and sell businesses every day. Every broker that is part of our team completes a full business brokerage training course and certification program. We understand that the task of buying or selling a business can be overwhelming without the proper guidance and skills. Over the years, we have helped many companies around the world with the buying and selling process ensuring our client’s confidentiality every step of the way. Our goal is to make the process as smooth as possible for both sides by relying on our global network of experienced business advisors.
Douglas is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and served as an Army officer for 27 years, both Active and Reserves, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel. His civilian professional experience includes management consulting for companies ranging from small to Fortune 100, information technology, strategic planning, and process optimization. Douglas is also the international best-selling author of several business-related books.
With a growing focus on value delivery, it was a natural transition to business brokerage - what better definition of value than how much someone would pay for the business? With many years in the Washington DC metropolitan area, Douglas learned a lot about how that area's unique businesses work, as well as the "normal" Main Street businesses found in the Virginia Peninsula where he lives now.
As a licensed real estate salesperson in Virginia, Douglas can assist clients in buying or selling businesses that have real estate attached. He can also speak Spanish, French, and German.
When he is not “working”, his family enjoys the many offerings of the Williamsburg area, usually accompanied by the family dog.
• 20-plus year career as management consultant ranging from Big-4 to boutique advisory firms in support of clients from 15-person businesses to Fortune 100.
• 7 years experience as a Federal government manager of IT, agency-level strategic planning and process optimization
• 3 years experience building an automotive service business from scratch, achieving break-even, and selling it.
• 27-year career in the US Army (active and reserve), retiring as Lieutenant Colonel
Professional Licenses / Education:
• Real Estate Salesperson, Commonwealth of Virginia
• Multiple certifications in the IT industry and program management profession
• Graduated from the US Military Academy at West Point.
Professional / Trade Associations:
• Member, International Business Broker Associatin (IBBA)
• Member, Carolina-Virginia Business Broker Assoication (CVBBA)
Volunteer / Charity Support/ Hobbies
• Member, Rotary International (Oyster Point club)
• Member, American Revolutionary War Roundtable
• My idea of fun is building a business spreadsheet. Take advantage!
• International best-selling author of 6 business books