As an agent with Transworld Business Advisors, we help our clients buy and sell businesses every day. Every broker that is part of our team completes a full business brokerage training course and certification program. We understand that the task of buying or selling a business can be overwhelming without the proper guidance and skills. Over the years, we have helped many companies around the world with the buying and selling process ensuring our client’s confidentiality every step of the way. Our goal is to make the process as smooth as possible for both sides by relying on our global network of experienced business advisors.
Kent Adams is a business broker, helping guide business owners through selling or buying businesses, mergers & acquisitions, and handles franchise consulting with Transworld Business Advisors. Kent guides business buyers and sellers every step of the way from start to finish and only gets paid when the deal is done.
During his career, Kent has acquired extensive professional sales and negotiation skills, as well as experience in start-ups, business ownership, franchise development, and consulting. In 2003, Kent moved to Virginia to open an Allstate insurance and financial services franchise and has since developed expertise in mergers & acquisitions, small business financing, and raising capital.
As a business broker, Kent helps locate and vet potential buyers or facilitates the process of evaluating potential businesses and franchises for sale, helping his clients achieve the highest and best possible price for their business. As the client representative, Kent becomes a partner, looking at things from his client's perspective and provides the right advice to cover all the bases.
Outside of work, Kent lives in Midlothian, Virginia with his beautiful wife of 15 years, Jennifer. They have a large, blended family with seven children, two grandchildren, and two sweet chocolate Labs named Hank and Lola. When he’s not working, Kent enjoys high-intensity workouts, playing basketball, and cheering for the Virginia Tech Hokies. He has coached basketball teams for YMCA Richmond, U-Turn Sports Performance Academy, Upward Sports, and Swift Creek Athletic Association.
• 2014 – Present: Business Broker and M&A Advisor, Transworld Business Advisors
• 2021 – Present: Partner / Franchise Development, Black Optix Tint Franchising
• 2007 – 2014: Independent Business Consultant, Finance & Sales
• 1994 – 2019 – Owner of multiple businesses and franchises
Professional Licenses / Education:
• Virginia Tech – Pamplin College of Business, B.S. Business Management, May 1990
• Virginia Real Estate Salesperson License
• FINRA Series 6, 7, 63, 66
Professional / Trade Associations:
• Member, Carolinas Virginia Business Brokers Association (CVBBA)
• Member, International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
• Member, Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce (GRCC)
• Member, Virginia Tech Alumni Association (VTAA)
Volunteer / Charity Support/ Hobbies
• U-Turn Sports Performance Academy – Basketball Coach
• YMCA of Greater Richmond – Basketball Coach
• Upward Sports – Basketball Coach
• Swift Creek Athletic Association – Basketball Coach
• Junior Achievement USA – Volunteer
• Huge fan of all Virginia Tech athletics
• Craft beer and bourbon connoisseur