We highly recommend seeking Buy Side Representation to protect your interests in a business acquisition. No matter whether you are dealing with a business seller or a seller's broker, it is best to we help you manage the transaction steps and improve the overall outcome of your business purchase. Transworld Business Advisors' Michigan business brokers can help individuals, corporations, partnerships, and investment firms buy a business throughout Southeast Michigan, including the Metro-Detroit area. If you’re in the process of buying a company with a seller or their broker, contact us today.
Whether you're a first time business buyer or an experienced business owner, every business purchase can present hurdles and challenges. Finding a trusted advisor to manage the process and act as your buyer representative is the smart choice. We help to keep the deal flowing toward the closing table.
Our business advisors are here to help you close on your business with confidence.
Are you ready to speak with a buyer representative in Michigan? Contact Us.
What's a Buyer's Agent, a Seller's Agent, and a Transactional Advisor? Is there a difference?
· A Seller’s Agent, also known as a listing agent, represents the business’ seller. The seller’s agent negotiates on behalf of and acts as an advocate for the seller.
· A Transactional Advisor, or transaction broker, assists either the buyer or seller, or both, throughout the business brokerage transaction.
· A Buyer’s Agent, or buyer representative, works ONLY on behalf of the buyer to promote the interests of the buyer. This agent works with the utmost good faith, loyalty and fidelity, while negotiating on behalf of and acting as an advocate for the buyer.
Why would I need a Buyer Representative when a Broker is already Involved?
Typically, the business broker working on a business sale transaction is also a seller’s agent. Because this transaction broker doesn’t solely represent the buyer in the transaction, we highly recommend you having a buyer representative. A buyer needs a broker to turn to for guidance. Because a buyer’s agent is the sole representative of a buyer in a business purchase or sale, the buyer can be assured they’re receiving the best advice for their interests, not the seller’s.
What Services Does a Buyer's Representative Provide?
Our goal as a Michigan Business Broker is to represent you at the negotiation table the best way possible, while getting you the best deal possible. In a business acquisition transaction with us as your representative, you can expect that we will represent your interest as the business buyer with the following services:
- Consulting and deal guidance
- Executing a confidentiality agreement
- Reviewing the offer and business's financials
- Reviewing the pricing strategy
- Executing a Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Offer negotiations with the seller's broker
- Executing the due diligence process
- Lease, legal and financing strategies
- Deal structuring
- Closing preparations
- Training and transition support
When Does a Buyer Agent get Involved in the Business Purchase Process?
Our buy side representation program is for those buyer clients who are in contact with a seller representing themself or a seller’s broker from an outside firm.