Government and Commercial Contracting Business for Sale in VA | Transworld Business Advisors
UA-80212324-1

Government and Commercial Contracting Business for Sale in VA

Listing Number: 12451-434923

Description

This nearly 20 year old government and commercial contracting business started out as a home repair and remodeling business and has become the very successful business it is today from the hard work and dedication to excellence from both its owner and his team of professionals. They create about 80% of their revenue from both local and federal government work and the other 20% from commercial work for both large nationally known businesses and smaller local businesses. The company acts as both general contractor and subcontractor on jobs of most all types and scopes. They provide mainly finishing type services, but often act as general for much more complex jobs. The owner has developed great connections with both large general contractors and subcontractors that perform the work his team doesn’t do personally as well as many local and federal government agencies. Most of the team has been with the company more than 5 years and some much longer. This would be a great acquisition for either a larger design firm to have their own construction division or a growing contractor looking to break into the lucrative business of government contracting.

Key Investment Considerations

• Has averaged over $5 million in gross revenue over the past 3 years
• $450,000+ in cashflow in 2018
• Nearly $4 million dollars in contract back log that a new owner could take almost immediate advantage of (industry standards value these contracts at over $700,000)
• $350,000+ in fixed assets that includes vehicles, equipment and building supply inventory
• Excellent reputation for outstanding and on time work
• Owner is mainly responsible for bidding and management from his home office
• Solid, experienced crew capable of handling all on site aspects of the business
• Approved federal government contractor that would allow for expansion into almost any market where there are federal government facilities
• Seller will train free of charge for 3 months to assure smooth transition
• $500,000 in seller financing to qualified individual shows owner’s confidence in continued success

As always, other brokers are welcome. Bring your qualified buyers while this opportunity still exists!

Listing Details

  • Price: $1,500,000
  • Down Payment: $1,000,000
  • Sellers Discretionary Earnings: $447,943
  • Total Sales: $4,908,248
  • Location: Virginia

  • Inventory: $50,000
  • FF&E: $300,000
  • Employees: 18
  • Year Established: 2001
  • Reason for Selling: Retirement
  • Category: Construction

Business Listed By: