Austin Zhao has over 36 years of business experience with an extensive international trade background, business management and operations, and deal negotiation. After joining Transworld Business Advisors at the end of 2015, Austin specializes in business sales, mergers and acquisitions, and business valuation.
In addition to leveraging being part of the Transworld network, Austin is certified by the International Society of Business Appraisers, as a Business Certified Appraiser (BCA). This certification is a high achievement in the Business Broker industry with very few certified nationwide. His expertise in business valuation helps his clients understand the value of their businesses and set the right pricing strategy for a successful sale process. There is no question why Austin’s approach yields excellent results and higher sale conversions compared to other brokers in the industry.
- Business Certified Appraiser (BCA)
- M&A Master Intermediary (M&AMI)
- Certified M&A Professional (CM&AP)
- Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)
- Licensed Real Estate Agent in Texas
- Executive Club Member awarded by M&A Source
- Chairman’s Circle awarded by International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Chairman’s Circle awarded by Transworld Business Advisors (National)
- Ranked 2020’s #1 Top Producer and Ranked 2019’s #2 Top Producer in the Transworld Houston office
Volunteer and Leadership Experience:
- Board Member and Committee Chair of International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Former Chairman of the Asian Chamber of Commerce (2016 -2017)
- Founding board member of Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA) Houston Chapter (Retired in 2019).
- One of the eleven Board Directors of the Paraffin Wax Committee for China Chamber of Commerce of Metals, Minerals & Chemicals Importers & Exporters in 1995 and 1996.
Austin was born and raised in Inner Mongolia, China. He began his import and export business career in Dalian after he earned a BA in Business Administration from Minzu University of China in Beijing in 1987. Then he moved to the U.S. in 1996 to pursue his business endeavors.
Austin has been an executive officer for several Chinese and U.S. companies. Formerly he was General Manager of A & G Toys, Inc., Houston, Texas; Executive Vice-President of DL America, Inc., Houston, Texas; and General Manager of Shunlida Company, a unit of The Import and Export Corporation of Dalian Development Zone, which was a state-owned international trade corporation ranking in the top 500 companies in the foreign trade industry in China.
Austin speaks Chinese, English, and basic Japanese, and has extensive cross-cultural experience in business communication between the West and the East.
Besides his business activities, Austin is currently very active in serving Boy Scouts of America. He is a trained Assistant Scoutmaster and a merit badge counselor in American Business, Citizenship in the Community, Communications, Personal Management, Rifle, Shotgun, and Golf.
From business brokerage to mergers and acquisitions; we are the business sale specialists in South and West Texas_228.
Sign up today to receive email notifications when new businesses for sale match your criteria!
by B Treadway
by Jarrod Musick
by Doak Workman
by Lars Hanan
by Melissa Faint
by Dan Rodriguez