Listing Number: 75951-464100
Established Turn-Key Location! Fully Staffed! Seller Motivated! Make Offer!
This popular high-end ice cream shop/cafe offers a variety of ice cream options, as well as an inviting atmosphere which works well for simple dates and just enjoying ice cream with family and friends. For those who love concocting and serving high-end ice cream, this shop offers up to 28 flavors to work with, and includes sugar free, gluten free and seasonal varieties. Additionally, the shop's high-end ice cream distributor has won multiple awards from the National Ice Cream Retailers Association. Retail space wise, there is plenty of seating available inside to handle peak crowd times. This business also has teamed up with GrubHub to deliver ordered ice cream selections to customers' homes and businesses.
This business is located in a growing college town with lots of ice cream consuming students, families and Millennials. More importantly, it is located in a fairly new upscale strip-shopping center along with other popular businesses in an area having youthful, under-40 demographics. It is also on a major street representing a high traffic location. This business benefits from its busy college town location with a high amount of passing trade. In addition, other complimentary businesses located in its area provide for a higher number of walk-in customers.
With up to 28 flavors to choose from, including sugar free, gluten free, and seasonal varieties, this ice cream shop has something for everyone. No other ice cream shop in this growing college town offers more flavors and varieties than this one does!
The shop's interior has been designed to mimick an old-timey farmhouse kitchen, offering a warm, happy and comfortable ambiance to customers. The like new condition of the premises, favorable lease terms, and its prominent shopping center location make this business very desirable from a facilities and location standpoint as ice cream shops are a location driven business sector.
Business Reference Guide -> Sector Advantages:
Sector advantages include lower overhead, limited service (i.e., lower payroll), limited inventory, and unique product/concept. Ice cream stores are typically immune to economy and slowdowns as 'comfort foods' tend to do well in slow economic times. As a result, most dessert businesses in general are recession-proof as customers will treat themselves regardless of the economics in the marketplace.
Business Reference Guide -> Industry Trends:
Over the five year period from 2019 to 2024, the Ice Cream Stores industry trend is expected to continue to grow, albeit at a slower rate than the previous five year period. Per capita disposable income, a primary driver of industry demand, is expected to increase during the period. The price of milk is estimated to continue to decrease at an annualized rate of 0.3%, further lowering purchase costs and boosting profit margins for industry operators. However, the healthy eating index is expected to increase further during the period as consumers become more health conscious with their eating habits. These factors combined with stagnant per capita dairy consumption could potentially lead consumers to choose healthier dessert options (e.g., low fat frozen yogurts, etc.). Nevertheless, industry revenue is expected to increase at an annualized rate 1.0% over the five years to 2024 to reach $5.1 billion.
* Gross Revenue and Cash Flow numbers shown are each the computed average of the 3 year period from 2017 thru 2019 as reported on seller's tax returns and P&Ls.
* Inventory and FF&E shown are approximate as reported by seller.
* Current lease expires on 06/01/2021 & under its terms it can be transferred to a buyer at no extra cost. There is also the option to extend it for an additional 3 years (option period) at $24 per sq ft.
* Seller will finance with 50% down, balance payable via 36 monthly payments at 5% interest.
* All information, data, financials, valuations, appraisals, etc. must be verified by the buyer’s independent professional advisors before putting any money at risk as the broker makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the complete accuracy of this information obtained from the seller.
* Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is required. The seller’s data is confidential & will only be disclosed to qualified prospective buyers who have a signed NDA in place.
- Price: $49,000
- Down Payment: $24,500
- Sellers Discretionary Earnings: $17,000
- Total Sales: $233,384
- Location: Brazos County, Texas
- Inventory: $4,000
- FF&E: $29,652
- Employees: 8
- Year Established: 2016
- Reason for Selling: Sellers have moved out-of-town and can no longer allocate value-adding quality time to the business as a result.
- Category: Ice Cream Yogurt Ice