Listing Number: 75951-637961
Established Location! Loyal Customer Base! E-2 Visa Ready! Fully Staffed!
This local award winning (i.e., for best selling) retail business is located in the Bryan/College Station area in southeast Texas and primarily operates in the Liquor Stores business / industry within the Miscellaneous Retail sector. The business model involves the retail sale of liquor, beer, wine, and tobacco products. It also entails ATM machines, lottery tickets, and basket styled gifts designed for all occasions. The business is located right off of the main highway in town, providing customers with easy access to this neighborhood store, which is the largest liquor package store in town. In fact, this store is pretty much the only high-tier liquor package store in the county and has been for over 38 years now.
The lot the store is located on is 0.66 acres and the building size is approximately 2400 square feet. The building makes use of trusses so interior walls can easily be moved. Full non-public bathroom with a shower in it. Building overall is in excellent shape and has been renovated in 2019.
The building has a 10 door walk in cooler. The building's ice machine has an outside compressor, which serves to cut down on the inside heat. In the "utility room" there is a 3 compartment sink in case owner wants to sell something like hot links or hot dogs. Other equipment includes 2 slush machines (i.e., it sells a lot of slushies), an inside ice merchandiser, an ice dispenser, and a reach-in-freezer for frozen drinks.
The building has numerous security cameras; there are 5 cameras located outside and 11 cameras located inside. It also has a DVR recording all activities. The building also has roll up shutters to stop break ins. The POS in use makes use of Rocket software. Scan sales, reports, and of course many other features. Inventory control is the most useful.
This locally owned and operated liquor package store has been in business for approximately 38 years. It is pretty much the only high-tier liquor package store in town and should stay that way due to its developed economies of scale and also due to entry barriers to potential competitors in the high-tier sector.
This locally owned and operated liquor package store is located right off of the main highway in town. As a result, its customers have easy access to this neighborhood store, which is the largest liquor package store in town. Business does have the lottery, which brings in customers for other purchases. This also keeps customers from making two stops or even going somewhere else. The business's newest addition is a "through the wall" ATM. This really is bringing in a whole new crowd. It is accessible 24 hours a day. Top of the line GenMega 5000.
The year 2018 showed an approximately 11% increase in annual revenue over 2017, which was mostly due to the new ATM machine that was installed during year and also to lottery ticket sales. In addition, the railroad is building the largest switch yard in the US just outside of town. The business now sees new customers every day, and maybe the new switch yard is a reason for this, along with the new ATM machine and lottery ticket purchasing. The projection for 2019 is that the business will generate over $900,000 in annual revenue.
Notes -> Liquor stores having annual gross revenues of over $800,000 (like this one) are very much in demand and sell quickly. Well-capitalized stores (like this one) can purchase inventory at top tier "drops" and obtain the best bulk deals from distributors. High grossing stores in proven locations (like this one) are very hard to replicate. This particular store has in place a favorable operating model in terms of inventory turnover, etc., relative to its comparable market as a whole. Good liquor package store businesses are in high demand, with far more buyers than sellers
* Totals Sales & Sellers Discretionary Earnings shown are for the year 2018.
* Inventory shown is approximate as reported by the seller and is included as part of the overall sales price.
* Lease Terms -> Duration 5 Years; Triple Net -> Monthly Rent + Building's Monthly Utilities, Monthly Insurance Costs & Monthly Real Estate Taxes; Includes option to purchase real property within the 5 year duration period.
* Alternatively, buyer can purchase both the business and real property/facilities upfront for $675k (includes FF&E and Inventory) instead of the lease option.
* No seller financing available.
* All information, data, financials, valuations, appraisals, etc. must be verified by the buyer’s independent professional advisors before putting any money at risk as the broker makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the complete accuracy of this information obtained from the seller.
* Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is required. The seller’s financial data is confidential & will only be disclosed to qualified buyers with a signed NDA in place.
* For more information please contact broker or email us.
- Price: $275,000
- Down Payment: TBD
- Sellers Discretionary Earnings: $207,432
- Total Sales: $833,601
- Location: Robertson County, Texas
- Inventory: $80,000
- FF&E: $75,000
- Employees: 4
- Year Established: 1981
- Reason for Selling: Owner wants to sell this profitable business and lease its building & facilities to buyer in order to free up time to pursue other ventures.
- Category: Liquor Related Biz